January 07, 2005

Rack'em Up!

Well, I finally joined a pool league here in Virginia. The local poolhall has both 9 ball and 8 ball leagues. For those that do not know, I really enjoy playing. I have been playing on and off for the last 33 years. Some could say my ability in pool is directly attributable to a mis-spent youth, but it is a fun game. The APA has a good format because they handicap the players so players of lesser skill can win. I played the other night in 8 ball and I had to win 3 games, but the other person only to win 2. Incidentally, I ran out from the break but scratched on the 8 ball Argh! If you like the game of pool and want to have fun during the winter, find a local league. Your skill level doesn't matter. Just get out there and have fun. You can get more information about local leagues at the American Poolplayers Association website.

1 comment:

Rich Hopkins said...

Quit your pool playing and start writing your speech for International. I expect to see you in August on the big stage.

Hope all is well in the dc.