October 26, 2004

Yet another trip to New Jersey

Well, I took off again to New Jersey this weekend to see my son, David. We went to a rather odd attraction called Northlandz. This place is a giant model train museum. It is hard to describe and the scale is very large. Well, the scale of the exhibits, not the trains :)

David and I also took a ride down the Jersey shore to Sandy Hook. It is a beach area not too far from NYC. Unfortunately, I think its proximity to NYC gives the waves that special brown hue only found near large population areas. I actually made the drive in 3.5 hours each way. All made possible my the wonder that is EZ-Pass. More on that later.

I also made it to NYC. It is actually lots of fun to take the train into the city, leave Penn Station (33rd Street and 8 Avenue) and look up to see the Empire State Building. David and I were trying to find museums to see. I tell you one of the nicest things about Washington DC is the museums and attractions are generally free. In NYC, everything costs money!

No comments: